The Society’s objective is to promote the study of Mollusca in its widest aspects for the benefit of the public. The study and conservation of invertebrates have never been so important, and we believe that there is an urgent need for natural history societies such as ourselves to work together to encourage the general public, and young people in particular, to engage with nature. The Society affiliates with organisations for invertebrate groups other than molluscs, that have similar objectives, and with other organisations concerned with conserving our natural heritage. Affiliation with the Conchological Society will not only help to promote your Society but will help us to further our aims and increase the public benefit our societies can offer.
At least two main types of affiliation are possible:
a) Standard Conchological Society Affiliation
- Co-promotion of affiliation partners on each others' websites and house journals
- Free admission to each others events where the events are free to their own members.
- Discounts on each others' publications, where discount arrangements exist
- Opportunities to present at each others' events or submit articles to each others' periodicals
- Work together in other ways as appropriate, e.g. by organising joint events
b) Conchological Society Corporate Partnership
The Society is affiliated with, and supports the activities of, the following groups: