Conchological Society Book Auction 2019 rules and notes.
1. Books are listed and described in good faith; but they are basically sold “as is”.
2. If anyone needs further information about any item, please contact Bas Payne (The Mill House, Clifford Bridge, Drewsteignton, Exeter EX6 6QE; bas.payne@gmail.). Please mark letters "Conch Soc book sale".
3. Bids from those who are not members of CS or member of BSCC will only be considered in the absence of a bid above reserve from a CS or BSCC member.
4. Bids must be received by midnight on 15 June 2019.
5. Bids should be made in the following steps: £1-£4 by 50p steps, £5-9 by £1 steps; £10-£50 by £2 steps; £50-£200 by £5 steps; £200 upwards by £10 steps. Bids which are inconsistent with these steps will be reduced to the nearest step below the figure given.
6. It would be helpful if the bid form can be used. Bids can be sent by post or by e-mail.
7. We reserve the right to refuse bids, and are likely to do so if they are less than 80% of the estimate.
8. If two or more bids are received for the same lot, the highest bidder will win the lot at a price one step above the second bidder. If there are two equal highest bids, the bid that was received first will win.
9. Successful bidders are responsible for paying for postage or carriage and packing; but to reduce cost we will if asked do our best to bring books to meetings so that buyers can collect them there.
10. Payment must be received before books can be sent to or collected by buyers.
11. If books have not been paid for within 90 days of the end of the sale, we reserve the right to cancel a winning bid and offer the book to the second bidder or to other members.
12. We will try to take good care of the books, but once payment has been received they become the property of the bidder and CS cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage thereafter.
13. If any buyer is disappointed with a book that they have bought, they may return it and receive a refund provided they tell us within 7 days of receipt, and return the book in the same condition in which it was sent or handed to them. The buyer will pay for postage/carriage of returned books.
14. We reserve the right to withdraw any item.